Terms and Conditions
Here is the summary for the below legal text:
- You agree that we can change these terms and conditions in the future.
- You will not copy or distribute our course materials, videos or practice test questions.
- You will not “include” others in the course. You need to pay for another seat in the class.
- You agree to be nice in communicating with other in the class (no vulgarity, or attacks) and will not recruit others in the class.
- You agree that there is no official warranty.
We have greatly invested our time and resources in producing this site and these materials and they are made available only to those who will comply with these Terms.
- Guarantee: it is our commitment to you to help you pass the Solution Specialist certification. We have invested much into this course to achieve this, and continue that investment through this guarantee. We have worked to limit the number of conditions for the guarantee, which are listed below. If you fail your test (after qualifying for the below conditions), we will refund you, up to the total paid for the course, the amount to retake the Solution Specialist test. Here are the conditions:
- You must take the test within a month after the delivery of the last lesson (for the 6-week course) or 2 months after receiving all lessons at one time.
- You must complete all course work and email it (as detailed in the lesson instructions) to Joseph Maxwell ([email protected]) every week (6-week course), or as you are able to complete it (immediate delivery).
- Use of the Site and Content—permissions and restrictions. You may only make noncommercial uses of the Site and the Content. You may access the SwiftOtter Course Videos only if you are enrolled and for your own personal use. Under NO circumstances may you retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any of the Course Videos or other Content to others. In no event may you alter or modify the Course Videos or any other Content, including, without limitation, by adding any advertisement or other material or by interfering with the viewing of any Content. You agree to retain all copyright and other notices on any Content you obtain from the Site. None of the foregoing restrictions will apply to your own User Content (as defined below).
- User submissions and rules of conduct. Account holders will be able to participate in the online course discussion forum you are enrolled in until course is withdrawn or you have been provided additional time. You may submit or post comments, profiles and/or other content on the Site (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for any User Content you post or submit to the Site, and for the consequences of posting or submitting it. By posting or submitting User Content to the Site, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid, perpetual license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, perform, and otherwise make available your User Content in connection with the Site and for our broader educational purposes, including without limitation for promoting or redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any manner or media, and to authorize others to do the foregoing. By posting or submitting User Content to the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant us the foregoing rights, and that neither your User Content nor our use of it as permitted under the foregoing license will infringe or violate anyone’s rights. You agree not to submit or post any content, or engage in any other activity in connection with the Site, that:
- Uses any type of vulgarity or offensive language
- Attempts to recruit or hire other members of the class
- Infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights, or rights of privacy or publicity
- Violates any law or regulation
- Is intentionally false or misleading
- Defames, threatens, or harasses anyone
- Is harmful, dangerous, abusive, or offensive
- Is obscene or contains pornography
- Contains or utilizes any computer virus, other malicious code, or program that may damage or interfere with the operation of any system, or may unlawfully intercept any data or personal information
- Contains or consists of advertising or any form of commercial solicitation or activity
- Otherwise interferes with the functioning of the Site or other users’ use or enjoyment of the Site
- Disclaimer of warranties. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.”. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR COLLABORATORS, LICENSORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS (COLLECTIVELY, OTHER THAN PROVIDERS OF USER CONTENT, OUR “COLLABORATORS”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE AND OUR COLLABORATORS MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. WE DO NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS. NEITHER WE NOR OUR COLLABORATORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
- Links to other sites. Links on the Site to third-party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. We do not approve or endorse the content of linked third-party sites, and you agree that we will have no responsibility or liability in connection with your use of any linked third-party sites.
- Copyright complaints. Use the Contact form on our site.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction; State of Kansas.